Friday, February 20, 2009

ON MY NIGHTSTAND


I have another little stack of interesting books piling up. Right now The Forgotten Man: A New History of the Great Depression has jumped to the top of the heap and I'm having a hard time putting it down. Amity Shlaes is an excellent writer and makes this subject come alive. The fact that I am reading about a severe economic depression while our country (and really, most of the world) is in a recession and I'm having a hard time putting it down should tell you something. As soon as I finish the book I will share more information.

Paris to the Moon is on deck for reading next and after that Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. I'm looking forward to reading another Anthony Trollope book, I loved The Eustace Diamonds, and Barchester Towers is a classic. The Game of Kings came from a suggestion in a new Wall Street Journal column, Dear Book Lover by Cynthia Crossen, but it's a different genre for me and looks intriguing. So many good books to read! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I've added this one to my list. I love history and writers that can bring it to life!

    ReplyDelete