Sunday, September 27, 2009

SUNDRIED TOMATO DIP - Barefoot Contessa

I've been making this dip for years and never get tired of it. The flavor has a slight kick and and it is so easy to make. I recently told my friend, Pam, she could choose which dip I made for a little get together I hosted and she chose the sundried tomato dip. I was secretly happy. Serve with plain water crackers so that nothing interferes with the yummy flavor.
Ingredients

1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped (8 tomatoes)
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
10 dashes, hot red pepper sauce (I add more)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)

Directions
Puree the tomatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, red pepper sauce, salt and pepper in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Add the scallions and pulse twice. Serve at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment