Friday, June 4, 2010

CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS PASTA

I'm sure there are a ton of recipes out there for sausage, peppers, and pasta. I didn't look around for any I just had these ingredients on hand and knew the combination would be divine. It was.

Sprouts had a great sale on chicken italian sweet sausage so I bought a few links. I used two of them in this recipe along with multi-colored peppers. It also made for great leftovers.

Chicken Italian Sausage - 2 large links
1 Red Bell Pepper - chopped
1 Orange Bell Pepper - chopped
1 Yellow Bell Pepper - chopped
1 Onion - chopped
4 cloves of garlic
Crushed red pepper flakes (I added 2 tsp)
Favorite marinara sauce
1 lb. penne pasta (I used 1/2 regular and 1/2 whole wheat)

Saute the sausage whole in a tiny bit of olive oil until nicely browned. Remove the sausage and slice into the sizes you like best (I sliced and then halved them again) and return to pan. Add the peppers, onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook until tender and the sausage is done. Add your favorite marinara sauce and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the directions on the box. After pasta is cooked, add to sausage and pepper mixture.

1 comment:

  1. YUMMM! can't wait to try it. I have never tried Chicken sausage.

    ReplyDelete