Tuesday, January 11, 2011

SOFA REFRESH

My sofas (2) needed a freshen-up.  What to do, what to do. New slipcovers? Hmmm, no, more money than I wanted to spend.  And, besides, I'm not totally in love with the sofas. The arms are a bit too high for my current taste.  So, a little refresh was in order.  I peeled off the two back cushions and replaced with this little ensemble of down-filled pillows.  What do you think?


After

I never liked the back cushions of my sofas (see pic below).  They were too stuffed and I was always beating them back into submission.  I even had them refilled but it didn't do the trick for me.


Before
I purchased some fabric at the ill-named Calico Corners during its recent sale (see middle pillow). Had two pillows made filled with 50/50 down and feathers. The other pillows are a combination of pillows I picked up on my recent trip to Belgium and the local Pottery Barn (always good for home accents).

I am so happy with my "new" sofas.  Just a little tweaking and it has changed the look and feel of the room. Hooray for simple changes!

7 comments:

  1. I love it! And it's very comfortable to sit on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 'after' -- and it looks so comfortable. Makes me want to grab and book and settle in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, LOVE! That floral fabric is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - What an eye you have for seeing the potential in everything. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori: I agree, it is far more comfortable than before.

    Terri: It is now heaven to stretch out and watch a good British film!

    Jennifer: Another plus is the feel of the fabric, textured and soft.

    German: Picking out stuff is what I do best!

    Tami: Sometimes it is a matter of screening out the bad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this fresh, updated look. Prefer it really.

    ReplyDelete