Wednesday, March 30, 2011

GREEN (or Purple?) SMOOTHIE


Another weird healthy smoothie for you.  I was reading the "What's Your Workout?" column in yesterday's Wall St. Journal and thought the Green Smoothie mentioned in the article sounded good.  No recipe was given, just ingredients. I did the usual of a little of this and a little of that. I added a bit of Greek yogurt for extra protein. The almond milk really made the difference and I loved it. Kind of sludgy looking (another case of "don't judge a book by its cover"). A nice change from last month's Veggie Berry Smoothie.  So, give it a try.

Big handful of spinach
1 cup of fruit (frozen or fresh) - I added frozen blueberries or 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup strawberries
1 tablespoon of ground flaxseeds
1/2 cup of almond milk
1/2 cup of water
Greek yogurt - spoonful (I added to recipe for a bit of protein)
A bit of Agave syrup
Stevia (natural sweetener)

All tossed into the blender.  That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment