Sunday, June 5, 2011

SUMMER READING



Let's pretend we have the summer off and can really read that entire stack of books that has been building.  In the summer, it seems as if there is more time to read but I don't know if that's just stuck in my brain leftover from carefree school days.  I mean, really, I work year 'round so it's not as if I'm enjoying the lazy days of summer reading in a hammock somewhere.  But, for now let's pretend we have scads of extra time.  Here's my dream list:

The Greater Journey by David McCullough
The Lunatic Express by Carl Hoffman
The Provincial Lady in America by E.M. Delafield
My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell

And four of those slim little treats from Penguin, English Journeys:

The Pleasures of English Food by Alan Davidson
The Clouded Mirror by L.T.C. Rolt
Through England on a Side Saddle by Celia Fiennes
A Wiltshire Diary by Francis Kilvert

So, what are you reading (or hoping to read) this summer?

1 comment:

  1. "Always love reading your suggestions. Now I just need some time to read!"

    Corinne

    ReplyDelete