From Taste of Home
Every weekend in the fall I want to make apple and pumpkin recipes. This pumpkin cake won last week. This weekend it is apple brownies so stay tuned.
- 4 eggs
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until well blended.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt;
- gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Pour into an
- ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- For icing, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, butter and
- vanilla in a small bowl. Add enough milk to achieve spreading
- consistency. Spread over bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2