Sunday, November 25, 2012

HIDCOTE GARDEN


Tours of Hidcote and Sezincote were part of my Paradise in an English Garden class at Oxford. This was my second visit to Hidcote famous for its design of garden rooms.  Also famous for this gray-blue paint color seen on gates and benches.


   Hidcote should brand this paint color, don't you think? Buckets of "Hidcote Blue" would be sold.


                           Someday I'm going to post pics of fabulous weather vanes I've seen.



                                                                  Hydrangeas in abundance.



                       Archways and paths lead to various garden rooms throughout the property.


                                               A long, wide hallway between rooms.


                  Someday I will post pics of all the fabulous benches I've seen.  More Hidcote blue.




If you look closely at the sky portion of this pic you will see a swarm of bees.  I was the last visitor to see this area before it was closed off.  The buzzing was a little unnerving.


                                      The benches are more comfortable than they look.


                           Trellis patterns are always interesting.  Just the word "trellis" is pretty.


                                                        A gorgeous zinc planter.


       After touring Hidcote, I walked out the front gate, turned right, and walked down the lane to see what was nearby.


               "To Let" looked tempting.  Who wouldn't want to spend a bit of time here?


                                                  Pretty cottages just steps from the road.


                Admired the horses grazing behind a stone wall and then as I rounded the lane came to a screeching halt....                        


roosters, chickens, and ferocious looking swans roaming around as if they owned the place.  Farm animals freak me out. Well, farm animals on the loose freak me out. If I had a stick I would have kept walking but since I only had my bag and camera I retreated. Sad since I would have like to know what was around the bend....


But as I walked back up this pretty little lane I forgot all about what I didn't see and reveled in the view.



                            And looking at a thatched roof cottage makes for a nice ending.

4 comments:

  1. You had such nice weather when you were there. The day we were there in May was grey with just a hint of rain. Still, a wonderful place. We are contemplating Hidcote Blue for our garage door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thomas: We really lucked out! It never rained on our garden touring days. But, boy, did it pour on the last Friday at Oxford.

    If you paint your garage door Hidcote Blue please post a pic!

    ReplyDelete