Monday, December 3, 2012

SEZINCOTE GARDENS

Sezincote House and Garden was another Oxford class field trip.  Have you ever heard of Sezincote?  I hadn't.  I didn't particularly love the house (it's the inspiration for Brighton Pavilion), but there were a few interesting water features that I would love to replicate.






This is the pretty side of the house.  It is done in an Indian-style which looks a little odd in the Cotswolds (in my opinion).



 The Orangery is gorgeous and curves around this beautiful grassy area.  It is now serving as a    lunch/tea room.


                            The best part of the garden is away from the house and down a slope.


          I immediately thought better of the owners for having two swings in such a perfect spot.


                      After a bit of swinging you can walk down the lawn and over the bridge to


this delightful running spring that will bring a smile to your face--it did mine and it still does as I type this.


                Honestly, I don't know if that is a gravel pathway or a stream of water--any guesses?


 This was my favorite water feature.  After our group traipsed through, I came back to take a few photos and to sit a bit and just think.


You can hop along these limestone steps and either go straight on through to the wooded area or


turn left and hop on over to this bench for a quiet spot to think.  It was hard to get a really good photo but I did my best.

3 comments:

  1. Love that garden too! How do you get on that bench? I love the orangery. Magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill: I had hop on over--wasn't easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over how gorgeous that looks

    ReplyDelete