Thursday, June 18, 2009

GREAT EASY DINNER


This was a great, really easy dinner that I wanted to pass along. I put it together in around 30 minutes.

Menu

Red Curry Chicken
Whole Wheat Couscous with sliced green onions
Calabacitas (with squash from my garden, yea!)
Tomatoes (also from my garden, I have never seen such deep-red tomatoes in my life, delicious with a tiny sprinkling of sea salt)

First, my friend Darcey told me about the yummy Trader Joe's Thai Red Curry Sauce so I picked up a bottle. This sauce is excellent and I highly recommend it (beats buying 27 ingredients to make it).

I also picked up Trader Joe's Whole Wheat Couscous which cooks up in 5 minutes--I added sliced green onions since I had them. The Calabacitas is a recipe I've previously posted but next time I will use organic frozen white corn from Costco--my friend Jennifer loves it.

So, here is what I did:

Boneless, skinless chicken thighs seasoned with pepper. Pan fry in a tiny bit of olive oil. After they are cooked, pour the Trader Joe's Thai Red Curry Sauce on top and heat through.

Whole Wheat Couscous - cook according to instructions. I cooked the green onions with the couscous. Slivered almonds, raisins, shallots would also be a good addition.

Calabacitas - click for recipe

All served up with garden fresh tomatoes and french bread.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Everything looks SO good. Thanks (to you and Darcey) for the Thai Red Curry sauce recommendation. It's on my list for the next TJ's jaunt.

    Also, the Costco organic white corn is from Bybee Foods. (I'm bringing some over tonight!)

    ReplyDelete