Wednesday, May 20, 2009

GREEK YOGURT

FAGE (pronounced fa-yeh) Greek Yogurt--I love this yogurt. Plain yogurt is usually too sour for me. This is tart and very rich tasting. It is also packed with protein. Greek yogurt is strained to remove the whey leaving a thick, rich, and creamy substance. Now just plain old regular yogurt is ruined for me!


Here is the fun thing--I won a box of this stuff by entering my name in a BlogHer contest. I never enter contests, so it was great fun to find out that the one time I enter I actually win something of decent value. It was fed exed to me in an ice-packed container filled with 12 containers of a variety of flavors.


Save this indulgence for yourselves--this is not a yogurt for kids. I say that because it is pricier than other Greek yogurt and I don't think kids taste is that sophisticated--so why bother? FAGE can be found at Sprouts, Trader Joes, and Whole Foods. Give it a try if you like Greek yogurt. My favorite is the 2% plain, but it comes in 0%, 5%, and with little separate cupfuls of toppings such as honey, strawberry, peach, and cherry.

Next contest: a Kindle --wouldn't that be a fun win?

1 comment:

  1. ALERT! Costco has FAGE Greek Yogurt for $6.99--35.3 ounces. That's a good deal.

    ReplyDelete